Pleaz help me !!

Alexandre Salomé alexandre.salome at comau.com.br
Fri Dec 21 03:27:21 GMT 2001

hi,

firstly, sorry to my bad enghish (do you skeak portuguese?)

I think that you is starting the samba whit  two deamons.
look in your  /etc/rc2.d or in /etc/rc3.d  if have a file S99samba_?????
look, too  the end of your file /etc/inetd.conf
search to line :
netbios-ssn    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd
smbd
netbios-ns     dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd
nmbd
swat    stream  tcp     nowait.400      root    /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
swat

ok, if "comente" the line about netbios:
#netbios-ssn    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd
smbd
#netbios-ns     dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd
nmbd

and restart your system

I hope to work well

Alexandre Salomé