Problem with HP printers

Johannes Tyve johannes.tyve at sgu.se
Fri Dec 21 00:24:06 GMT 2001

We have about 30 printers in our network that are shared with Samba to Windows clients. We have installed the printer drivers on out print server and all are working fine except for 3 HP printers. All with a little different problem:

HP InkJet CP1700:
Printer driver wount install. Files get copied to the print server, you can see the driver in the list of availiable drivers but you can't choose it.

HP 2000C:
Printer driver installs on some of our clients (currently 2), the others get a Protection Fault when they try to access the properties window.

HP DeskJet 1100C:
Everything seems to install correctly but print output gets garbled.

I have tried the latest drivers. For the 2000C there is a Lite driver without the HP Tools and there might be just a client problem there. All printers worked fine using client installed printer drivers. Help, please!

OS:                 Solaris 2.6
Samba:            2.2.2
Print server:     JetAdmin 6.21 for Solaris.