Samba PDC, W2k BDC

Antony Healey antony at cit.uws.edu.au
Thu Dec 20 20:36:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if Samba as a PDC can replicate to a W2k BDC (I've only found one reference, and it appears to say no).

Additionally, if the above can work, can a Samba PDC accept updates from a W2k BDC (W2k doesn't quite use the PDC/BDC concept, but has all it's DC's read/write)? That is, if a password gets updated on the BDC (particularly a machine trust account), can it update the Samba PDC?

Regards,
Antony.
-----
Unix Systems Administrator
School of Computing & IT
University of Western Sydney
Phone: (02) 4736 0771
Fax: (02) 4736 0770

Programmer (n): One who makes the lies the salesman told come true.

She said she had nothing to wear. I smiled.