Windows XP joining Samba2.2.2 PDC

Steve Kennedy steve at gbnet.org
Thu Dec 20 07:22:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 09:13:26AM -0500, Tym Rehm wrote:

> I'm trying to get a XP Pro computer to join my Samba 2.2.2 controlled
> domain. I get an error something can't find the network? With this exact
> configuration I can add Win2K computers no problem. I have the add user
> script in my smb.conf file and I have also tried manually adding the
> computer to /etc/passwd using useradd. Is there something I'm missing
> for XP? Thanks.

I've had exactly that problem, not solved it yet.

Mine joins the domain (through the network ID part of system) fine,
even lists users to add, but then wont add them.

When it reboots, it lists the domain (to log into), but any user I enter
fails with the same message you get.

Steve

p.s. I did do the sign-and-seal registry entry

--
home steve at gbnet.org       * Flat 2, 43 Howitt Road, Belsize Pk, London NW3 4LU
work steve at thus.net        * tel +44-(0)207 483 1169    FAX +44-(0)207 483 2455