winbindd and ftp

=?gb2312?B?Y2FybC5odWFuZyBb/FO9qORoXQ==?= carl.huang at mic.com.tw
Thu Dec 20 02:41:09 GMT 2001

Hello,

I setup samba2.2.2 with winbind. samba is a member of  domain with
security=domain. Now both work well.
Since there is no user in /etc/passwd, and user information gets from PDC(a
win2000 server).
The question is: there is no /home/xxx directory too.(I don't want to make
it manually).

I can configure /etc/pam.d/login with :
session required    /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.
so  when user(naspdc+xxx ) first login , the machine will auotmatically make
/home/xxx directory. So it's no problem.(naspdc is domain name).

But when user(naspdc+testftp1) first ftp to this machine, the machine says:
530 User naspdc+testftp1: can't change directory to /home/testftp1.
Login failed.  (Because there is no directory /home/testftp1,   naspdc is
domain name).

I also configure /etc/pam.d/ftp with pam_mkhomedir.so but it doesn't work.

So how can i solve this problem?
Thanks for any help.

Carl