latest samba_2_2 problem

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 10:20:26 GMT 2001

i am not sure what happens to it at install - i had a similar problem but I
had moved the original samba tree to another location so of course ended up
with an empty winbind database.  this file is the one which keeps all the
mappings between NT users/groups and Samba's user/groups.  If you lose it
then you might have similar problems to those you describe - ie samba
behaves as if it has no ideas who these windows users are.  if you can
actually see the files in these share then perhaps this is a red herring.