Out of connections, samba 2.2.x

vda vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Wed Dec 19 02:38:02 GMT 2001

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 05:54, Jonas Nilsson wrote:
> Hi
> I have a problem with samba 2.2.2. (see below) I'm sure it's easy to
> solve but I can't figure out what to do. The thing I find confusing is
> that the newer and more powerful server can't perform as good as the old
> one. Any ideas?
>
> /Jonas
>
> Story:
> We had all our user homes on a Sun Ultra 2 (solaris 2.6, 30Gb store) and
> samba 2.0.6, and all was fine.
> But we ran out of disk and moved all homes to a Sun e420 (solaris 8,
> 100Gb store) and samba 2.2.0. Then the troubles began, at least ones a
> week people cant mount their shares and the NT account gets locked. When
> this happens the user receive a message "Out of connections". The
> clients are ~30 NT 4.0. I have "upgraded" to Samba 2.2.2 but the fault
> remains.

Did you just copied entire filesystem to new box or no?

If you don't, you have different configs, samba versions, libc versions etc.
It can be very time consuming but with (much of) mix and match you can
identify what exactly caused this. I'd suggest cloning entire 'old'
installation onto new box and testing that first.

When you'll find out the cause, tell us too, ok?
--
vda