Sysadmin Question

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Dec 18 18:16:03 GMT 2001

You could rpm -e the old installation. It likely won't harm anything. I
would just make sure you your backed up your smb.conf file, just in case.
You can have conflicts with the old binaries. They will be in your path,
whereas the new binaries are not in your path, since they are in
/usr/local/samba/bin. Thus, if you run smbmount without a path, you'll run
the old binary.
(You did configure samba with --with-smbmount ?)
Joel