Looking for a solution

Garrott, Brad M. garrottb at timken.com
Tue Dec 18 12:34:10 GMT 2001

> I am not trying to keep presenting you with the same problem, but I just
> wanted the case to be documented because I am looking for an answer.
>
> We have samba running on a HP 11.00 UNIX box, that has joined the NT
> domain for domain validation.  After running for a period of time the
> users can no longer map a network drive to the UNIX box.  The following
> error message is displayed in the Samba log file:
>
> 2001/12/18 14:17:45, 0] smbd/posix_acls.c:(761)
> create_canon_ace_lists: unable to map SID
> S-1-5-21-895581073-1942488407-646806
> 464-1481 to uid or gid.
>
> After either rebooting the workstation or restarting the Samba services
> everything works fine again.  Is there a solution for this problem yet?
> Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> _________________________________
> Brad M. Garrott
> Computer Programmer/Analyst
> Global Information Services
> The Timken Corporation
> E-Mail: garrottb at timken.com
> Ph/Fax: (330) 471-4750/4034

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company