Folder Permissions

Wayne Dozier wdozierlist at gborocollege.edu
Tue Dec 18 12:15:03 GMT 2001

I have a problem.  I am not sure if this is possible but I
will ask anyway.  When I log into a samba server from a
windows98 client everything works fine.  I map a drive to my
home directory and that to works fine.  My question is when
in that folder, is there a way to edit the permissions on
the folders within on the linux level.

My delima:

I have a Professor who wants her class to be able to write
but not read to one folder.(so they can not see each others
papers)  She want another folder full access, and the other
folder to be read only.

Now creating folders with these permissions is not hard by
any means for me.  Her question was is there a way to change
the permissions to these files at any given time.

She will be logging in from a window98 client.  I can not
see any way to change permissions.  Any ideas??

Wayned Dozier
Greensboro College
Network Administrator