Linux Box with Client for NT Server

lpinheiro at prodam.sp.gov.br lpinheiro at prodam.sp.gov.br
Tue Dec 18 09:36:18 GMT 2001

Hay,

My name is Luciano and i am linving from Brazil. Im my business i have a Red
Hat Linux box version 7.1. My work have a Windows NT and 2000 servers and i
must be browse my computer in my network. I printed the "Configuring SAMBA"
and configured my Linux Box, but the Windows PC in my work don´t see me.

I already using the Internet with my work proxy, and get my messages in my
e-mail, using by KMail. The my network have a DNS server, WINS server, NIS
server, that all is a NT sever. I ping this all machine by my Linux Box.
When i put my workgroup SMS into de "smb.conf" file, the named daemon do
nothing - don´t work. When put the workgroup to MYGROUP, this okay.

Plaese, can you tell me where can i get information to configuring my Linux
Box by a Client Machine into a Windows Network ?

Thanks for all.