Problems Getting Kerberos Compiled in with Samba 3.0 Alpha9 o n HPUX 11.00 64 Bit

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Tue Dec 18 09:11:12 GMT 2001

Hi,

I was trying to install Samba 3.0 Alpha 9 onto a server running HPUX 11.00
64 bit.  I have the Openldap libraries installed and also Kerberos (the PAM
Kerberos and KRB5 Dev Tools available from the HPUX application CDs).  I
have followed the instructions as outlined in the Samba 3.0 prealpha guide
to Kerberos authentication (Steps 1-2, Step 5) and everything seems to be
fine at steps 1-2 (the kerberos and ldap libraries were reported as found in
the config.log and the config.h contained both the HAVE_KRB5 1 and HAVE_LDAP
1 lines), however when I run the test at step 5 I receive the following
error from the smbclient :

./smbclient -k //machine/sharename
incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/upcase.dat - got 0 expected 131072
incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/lowcase.dat - got 0 expected 131072
incorrect size for /usr/local/samba/lib/valid.dat - got 0 expected 65536
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
creating lame valid table
added interface ip=142.205.48.147 bcast=142.205.48.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
No kerberos support compiled in

When I ran the configure script I specified the --with-krb5=/opt/dce (which
is where the PAM Kerberos from the application CD was installed) to get the
script to find the kerberos and also set the following variables so that the
openldap would be found :

CPPFLAGGS=-I/opt/openldap/include
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/openldap/lib

(Note : I tried the same thing with Alpha 8 and had the same problems)

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.