Missing users (who otherwise work fine)

Dylan Carlson dcarlson at 3path.com
Tue Dec 18 08:38:02 GMT 2001

Greetings

We have a situation where we're trying to add a user to his local
Administrators group on a Win2K/SP2 box, and his account is not showing
up in the list of users in the domain (neither are some other accounts).

Interestingly, these users are not showing up in the file security
dialogs either.  This seems like a new development (problem).

The users are in the smbpasswd and NIS as they should be.

The user accounts work fine in terms of their use on the domain.
Logins and basic file operations seem to work without a problem.

We're running FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE, Samba 2.2.2 as a PDC with USER
security, serving out to mostly Win2K/SP2 clients.

TIA,
--
  Dylan Carlson  [dcarlson at 3path.com]
  212.248.1400 x119 office