Samba and Windows2000 SP2

Mark A. Wyckoff mark.wyckoff at ingrrp.reliastar.com
Tue Dec 18 06:26:03 GMT 2001

We are in the process of upgrading user PCs to Windows2000 SP2, and have
run into an issue with Samba 1.9.18p2 as well as 2.2.2.  It seems that
when I try to map a drive to \\BIGSERVER\SHARE
<file://\\BIGSERVER\SHARE>  everything works fine.  I can reboot, and it
will reconnect and all is good.  As soon as I try to map a drive TO THE
SAME Server, but a different share (say \\BIGSERVER\SHARE2
<file://\\BIGSERVER\SHARE2> ), it works fine, until I logout or reboot.
When the drives try to reconnect, I'm prompted for a user ID and
password, which I supply.  But I then get the error "Incorrect password
for:  \\BIGSERVER\SHARE".

Any ideas?

Mark