Question about default ACL

Juer Lee Juer.Lee at raidtec.ie
Tue Dec 18 03:54:08 GMT 2001

Hello samba guys and XFS guys,

I am now using Linux-2.4.5-1.0.1_XFS and Samba 2.2.2.
Try to create a samba share on a XFS volume, for example, we create a
directory named 'public', and set its default acl on 'public' as
'u::rwx,g::rw-,o::r--,m::rwx', . Under Linux box, try to create a file
named 'file_linux' under directory 'public', On Samba client (Win2K) try
to create a file named 'file_samba' under directory 'public'.=20
After that I try to list the ACLs for them, what I got were:
chacl -l file_samba=20
------- u::rwx,g::rw-,o::rw-,m::rwx
chacl -l file_linux=20
------- u::rwx,g::rw-,o::r--,m::rw-                 ( this is what we
expected though the mask ACL is changed to m::rw- not m::rwx )

It seems that mask ACL has no effect on creating file on samba client.
But I am wrong, repeat the steps listed below, just change default acl
on 'public' as 'u::rwx,g::rw-,o::r--' without mask ACL, I get the same
ACLs of file_linux and file_samba.

I am still afraid that I can't describe this case well, but I hope I can
get some help from samba group or xfs group .=20

:)
Juer