[BUGS] winbindd maintainer? (was: Re: winbindd: local unix users vs. NTdomain users)

Valery Savchuk volsk at mail.ru
Mon Dec 17 22:19:03 GMT 2001

> > > What he is describing is a bug. It does not matter for what weird and
> > > obscure reason he wants two users.
> >
> > Already forwarded onto Tim.
>
> Can I ask for some details about your smb.conf file?  There are several
> relevant parameters:
>
>   'template homedir' - specifes the home directory given to winbind users.
>   It defaults to /home/<domain>/<username>.
>
>   the value of the 'path' smb.conf paramter in your [homes] share.
>
> If I leave everything at the default settings, if I browse the homes
> share as administrator, I connect to the /home/FOO/administrator
> directory on my Samba server.
>
> Since you are using + as the winbind separator, try setting 'template
> homedir' to /home/%D+%U

I use /home/%u for local users
and /userdata/%D/%U for NTDomain users homes

and my smb.conf

# Global parameters
workgroup = VOLSKCEMENT
netbios name = COMMON
netbios aliases = VOLSK-LN
server string = Common Server
announce version = 4.0
os level = 50
local master = No
domain master = No
preferred master = No
remote announce = 192.168.4.255/GRAPH 192.168.5.255/LABOR
192.168.7.255/VOLSKCEMENT
remote browse sync = 192.168.4.255 192.168.5.255
domain logons = No

# Auth
security = DOMAIN
allow trusted domains = Yes
encrypt passwords = Yes
password server = *

# Winbindd
winbind separator = +
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
template homedir = /userdata/%D/%U
# durackaya odevalka:
add user script = /etc/samba/smb_add_user %U

# Log files
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%U
max log size = 50
name resolve order = wins host lmhost
wins support = no
wins server = 192.168.1.101
# Network
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
# Printer info
printcap name = /etc/printcap
printing = bsd
add printer command = /usr/bin/addprinter
show add printer wizard = yes
printer admin = VOLSKCEMENT+svl

code page directory = /etc/samba/codepages
# Russian filenames for Win clients
client code page = 866
# Uncomment this line for saving files under KOI-8
# russian names at own filesystem
# otherwise saving filenames will be in client code page (see above)
# character set = koi8-r

# Super users
admin users = root

[homes]