[BUGS] winbindd maintainer? (was: Re: winbindd: local unix users vs. NTdomain users)

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Mon Dec 17 21:45:01 GMT 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 01:41:10PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > What he is describing is a bug. It does not matter for what weird and
> > obscure reason he wants two users.
>
> Already forwarded onto Tim.

Can I ask for some details about your smb.conf file?  There are several
relevant parameters:

  'template homedir' - specifes the home directory given to winbind users.
  It defaults to /home/<domain>/<username>.

  the value of the 'path' smb.conf paramter in your [homes] share.

If I leave everything at the default settings, if I browse the homes
share as administrator, I connect to the /home/FOO/administrator
directory on my Samba server.

Since you are using + as the winbind separator, try setting 'template
homedir' to /home/%D+%U

Tim.