Samba 2.2.2 & Active Directory.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Mon Dec 17 20:39:02 GMT 2001

ok, this is one thing I'm having trouble grokking...

I have a W2k Server running AD called HOME
Linux server with Samba called matrix2
now, we also have Novell in this environment - so joining domains is not
really an option.

What I want to do it still use domain authentication between matrix2 and
HOME, but without having to have any clients as memebers of the AD domain...

is this possible? have I overlooked something?

-- extract from smb.conf --
[global]
  workgroup = DOMAIN
  security = domain
  password server = 10.1.1.9
  encrypt passwords = yes

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.