ricoh ap204/3800c

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Mon Dec 17 12:20:03 GMT 2001

  I'm wondering if anyone is using one of there printers on your unix/linux
servers.
I have the ap204 in house, demoing it an have coming tomorrow the ap3800c,
they are both color lasers. using a script off of ricoh-usa.com site i
setup the ap204 an it is not printing.
jusdt looking for someone with a working printcap file to take a look at.
thasnks. ifI get it to work i'm going to share it out via samba.

  I'm having a printing problem here  on my linux server. i'm using the
lprold printing package, it is printing but after running for a few days,
undetermine the exact days, printing just locks up on me, can not print
from server side nor windows machines. i go any clear out all temp fils in
the spool directory for the printer ane also delete the lock & status files
in same directory. then i send kill -9 pid# for lpd. then try an restart
lpd with lpd an still no printing, i have to reboot the server to get
prtinting to work again. can someone suggest a solution to try. , using the
unix/linus script that ricoh has on there usa web page.

thanks