installing samba

Darin DeCounter ddecounter at lvrj.com
Mon Dec 17 09:21:07 GMT 2001

I'm installing samba on an RS/6000 system running AIX 4.3.3.  I've
downloaded and unzipped samba-2.2.2.tar.gz.  When I change directory to
'source' and run ./ configure, it comes back and says

testsrv{root}#./ configure
./: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action..

The configure file has all permissions (777).  IBM support said they didn't
see anything wrong with what I'm trying, but since this is 3rd-party, they
can't really assist.  Is there something else I should be doing?  Thanks
for your help.

Darin DeCounter

Atex Assistant System Administrator
Las Vegas Review-Journal