Samba 3 alpha 8 PDC questions / issues

Bob Hemedinger rhemedinger at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 06:17:29 GMT 2001

I am currently attempting to configure 3.0 Alpha 8 as
a PDC under Mandrake 8.1. I have been able to
configure a 2.2.2 PDC in the past, but I have two
areas in Samba 3 that are not cooperating with me at
the moment:

Printing:
I am unable to complete the procedure to upload a
printer driver to the server. After the drivers are
copied to the proper print$ share from my NT 4.0
client, I get the error "unable to change to specified
driver, original settings will be restored." This is
something that I've had working under 2.2.2.

Account expiration: