Gigabit Samba

Dag dag at animagicnet.no
Mon Dec 17 02:50:03 GMT 2001

I'm trying to run Samba on a gigabit network.
On the server side I've got Samba 2.2.1 running on an sgi Origin200 with a
gigabit ethernet card plugged into a gigabit switch, and the files are being
served off a fibrechannel raid array.  On the client side I have a windows 2k
box with a gigabit card plugged into the same switch.  Both machines and the
switch claim that everything is running at 1Gb/s, yet file transfere doesn't
seem any faster than with fast ethernet.

Is samba simply not able to serve up files at gigabit speeds or is there some
tweaking that needs doing to get it to do this, or is it simply some problem
with my network?

Dag