Samba-Clearcase: users are seen as nobody user

Layani, Roger roger.layani at ti.com
Sun Dec 16 21:00:10 GMT 2001

Hi

Can somebody help me concerning this problm with samba.

I am using samba 2.0.7 to link clearcase DB files on server UNIX with NT
clearcase clients.
We have upgraded clients from winNT4.0 to win2000 .
Now we have many trouble like :
PC stuck
performance very slow
file not found ( it exists!)
etc...

I saw in the samba log file of users the message as follow:
cbc0794634 (137.x.x.x) connect to service clearcase as user nobody
(uid=60001,
 gid=60001) (pid 15403)
[2001/12/16 13:51:50, 1] smbd/service.c:(583)

sometime the user is not known and get "nobody" user permissions .I think
it can be 1 of the reasons of my problems.
What I have to configure to get a good authentication in samba for users.

The user login is the same in Unix world than in NT world.

Do you think that there is another cause to these problems.?

Layani Roger
TI-CBC Israel
CM -administrator
Tel 972 9 9706431