No print to Samba (Linux) printer from Win98

Mike Watson mikew at crucis.net
Fri Dec 14 16:35:02 GMT 2001

I'm stuck.

I have Samba running on my Red Hat 7.2 Linux box.  I can mount by remote dirctory
on the Linux box via Samba.  But I can't print to the Linux printer.  I have a
Linux printer installed and I can print to it using lpr.  I have a printer
configured in Samba and can see that from the Win98SE box.  I've clicked on the
Samba printer name and configured a Win98 printer.

However, when I try to print (or test) the Win98 spooler runs, then goes away,
but nothing happens on the Linux printer.  The Samba printer spool points to
/var/spool/samba.  Should it point to the lpr spool directory?  How does samba
link the incoming spool data from Win98 to lpr?

Mike W.