Users get connected to Samba drives under other userid'd

Irene Valentine Irene.Valentine at nsc.com
Fri Dec 14 06:14:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've got this problem that is driving me nuts.
I'm running Samba 2.2.0 on a unix box and connect to the samba shares using windows NT clients and Metaframe Servers.

Every now and then a process appears on samba as IPC$ owned by i.e. davidw and this connection is on one of our Metaframe servers
Every person that logs onto that server gets connected to their unix home directory shared out by samba as davidw.  This is causing lots of security breaches as they create files and the owner is davidw and when they go back to unix land they are not the owner of the file so cant make changes etc.

This is happening on a regular basis and it can be different users on different servers.

Regards
Irene Valentine
NSUK IS Group

Phone - 01475-655174