2.2.2 printing.

Michel Van den Bergh vdbergh at luc.ac.be
Thu Dec 13 18:31:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

I am using RH 7.1 with CUPS and a printer connected to it. I also have
a windows machine running XP. I have been able to print from
windows->linux
via samba 2.0.7.

Since samba 2.0.7 does not seem to be
able to show printer queues with CUPS I tried to upgrade to 2.2.2
(using rpm's from rawhide).

I kept my smb.conf file. Initially this worked well and I could
manipulate
printer queues. However after a reboot of the XP machine the
printer icon gives an "Unable to connect" message. From then on I am
unable to print
(not even a test page).

Reinstalling the printer driver does not work. The samba log files do
not seem
to show anything relevant.

Down grading to 2.0.7 allows me to print again.

I would appreciate any pointers to what could be the cause of this
problem.

Here is an excerpt of my smb.conf file. I think it is perfectly
standard.

[raw]
        comment= Raw printer
        path= /var/spool/samba