Errors restarting snort

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Thu Dec 13 17:55:01 GMT 2001

I am running Version 1.8.2 on a RedHat 6.0 machine using the following:

snort -u snort -D -c /usr/local/snort/snort.conf  -A fast -l /var/log/snort.

When I restart snort for whatever reason, I get the following error for
every line in every rule it seems:

Dec 13 13:54:03 yoda snort: ERROR /usr/local/snort/icmp-info.rules(73) =>
Bad Priority setting "misc-activity"

I am using the most current rules from snort.org and have not done any
tweaking.

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Ed

~~
Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
"It's amazing how efficient people become when
   you're holding a gun to their head." - Anonymous