smbd nmbd executables do not run

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Dec 13 13:28:08 GMT 2001

1) Please don't send html email to the list, and

2) If you are in the directory where the command resides, you have to run it
as follows:

./smbd

It won't work without the "./" in front of it (and no space between them,
either).

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-admin at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-admin at lists.samba.org]On
Behalf Of Michael Dyer
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 4:05 PM
To: 'samba at lists.samba.org'
Subject: smbd nmbd executables do not run

Hello all,
I am doing my first samba install and have run into an issue.  Followed
install details to the letter, however, when I try to start the smbd and
nmbd daemons I get the following:

bash: smbd:  command not found
and
bash:  nmbd:  command not found

I see it with ls, other executables in that directory work...am I missing
something here?  Any help appreciated.

I am using the Mandrake stream of Linux.

Thanks