Solaris 8 + winbind

Michaels, Stephen P. Steve.Michaels at jhuapl.edu
Thu Dec 13 13:18:03 GMT 2001

Hi
I'm new to this list. I'm running samba 2.2.2. on Solaris 8
and trying to get winbind to work. I've modified my nsswitch.conf file to
include:
passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files winbind
group:      files winbind
I have compiled samba with the --with-winbind option and copied the
libnss_winbind.so
files to /lib

problems:
1. getent passwd only returns local users (passwd file), no domain users
2. local users trying to change passwd get the following:
passwd
passwd:  Changing password for sysmich
Supported configurations for passwd management are as follows:
    passwd: files
    passwd: files ldap
    passwd: files nis
    passwd: files nisplus
    passwd: compat
    passwd: compat AND
    passwd_compat: ldap OR
    passwd_compat: nisplus
Please check your /etc/nsswitch.conf file
Permission denied
3. winbind authentication to the NT PDC is not ocurring.

Does winbind work with Solaris 8? If anyone has it working could you give me
a few
hints, tips, or pointers?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Stephen P. Michaels
BIS Computing Systems Group
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Rd.
Laurel, MD. 20723-6099
(443) 778-7527