Tree structure duplication with DFS

David Kadlec david.kadlec at unicorn.cz
Thu Dec 13 05:22:04 GMT 2001

Hello,

I am running Samba 2.2.2 on RedHat 7.2 as PDC. I have compiled it
with --with-msdfs option and now i run into this strange behavior:

I have \\master\dfsroot share mapper as drive R: on Win clients. Its msdfs
root on Samba server. Here I have dfs link to other samba servers.
Sometimes, regardless of operation system version (W2K, W2KSP2, NT40SP6) one
directory gets duplicated. So I have
R:\UAS\RDB\RDB\Work instead of R:\UAS\RDB\Work. The structure down the tree
is OK, other directories on same level are also OK, just RDB is "pumped"
into path. UAS is dfs link to another share \\server1\uas.

When I look from same client to the share \\server1\uas i can see normal
directory structure. This behavior sometimes disappears after reboot,
sometime after another user login on machine.

Anybody get into same situation ? Any clue?

David Kadlec
Unicorn Technologies
http://www.unicorn.cz/technologies