(no subject)

Owen Hughes owen at mcgeorgecarco.com
Wed Dec 12 20:23:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Wayne Dozier wrote:

> I wanted to get a little feedback on a product for
> Administrating a Linux Server that I am running Samba,
> Apache, and NCFTP.  The Product is Webadmin. I have it
> installed currently and was wondering if anyone else was
> using this.  If so, what kind of problems have you had with
> it or are you pleased with it.  My biggest concern is Samba.
> There is a feature on Webmin that as long as you use the
> Webmin interface it will, when creating a linux user it will
> also create a Samba user.  Any thoughts on this.  I
> appreciate any replys

Personally, Webmin works well provided that the smb.conf file is properly
formatted from the start. One drawback I have found is that it doesn't
support Samba's config/include directives. The "stock" Samba module it
runs really should be able to parse include files and branch out
appropriately. Other than that, it does a reasonably good job.

Owen