Memory usage...

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Wed Dec 12 17:21:39 GMT 2001

I have a problem I hope you can help with...
After a fresh reboot on the samba server (I know, I know...), all looks
good. I transfer a large file from a win2k client, and the memory usage of
course peaks. Then, when the file completes, the memory usages barely drops
at all. I am running RH 7.2 and samba 2.2.2. It seems that there is a cache
in the memory that is eating it up. If I try another file right afterwards,
it take 3 times as long to write. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks ahead of time,

Wade Winright
"Open the pod bay doors HAL!!!"
-Arthur C. Clarke