profiles second server

Axel Machens axel_machens at gmx.net
Wed Dec 12 12:50:07 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have a question about profiles setting on a second server.
My first demo Samba PDC have the ip 192.168.0.98 class C
And my second server have the ip 192.168.0.97 class C

Can I configurate my profile path to my second linux Host ?
eg. Mary logon with Win98 Client to the Samba PDC 192.168.0.98
and the user profile Win98 Client goes on the second Host with
ip 192.168.0.97.

Can someone gives me a tipp that this works ?
Must I create on "profile" host a samba install ?
Or can I work with linux pc without second samba install?

my configure on samba PDC is:

-------schnipp----

logon path = \\192.168.0.97\profile\%U
logon home = \\192.168.0.97\profile\%U

is this the right way ??????

on mashine .0.97 I create a share named profile and I give rights with
chmod 1777.

Thanks a lot for help :o)

Axel Machens

ps sorry for my bad english !!