(no subject)

Bruce Garcia bruce at aurorasoftware.com
Wed Dec 12 08:41:04 GMT 2001

I am using a new IBM Risc Netfinity system with pc clients. The network is
Ethernet cards on the pc (tcp/ip) connected to a switch,10/100 and of
course samba. When processing large print jobs on a pc,  the program that
is running (cobol) will error out.  This error states that the program can
no longer be found.  The error is not on the file that is to be printed or
will be printed.  If I do a smaller date range on the print pgm. the
program will run.

With the same data (but moved to a different platform) I will do the above
on a SCO Unix server and the programs will run well.

The program runs in both cases about three or four minutes (this does not
show signs of being timed out).

I would appreciate any help.

Bruce Garcia
Aurora Software, Inc.