Connecting to Japanese shared name

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Wed Dec 12 07:12:04 GMT 2001

Srinidhi  R Iyangar wrote:
>I am trying to connect to a shared folder present in Japanese2K
>machine. I am using smbclient for this. I have set

If you are trying to connect a shared folder containing JAPANESE
character in its name, you cannot connect from Windows NT series
(Windows NT/2000/XP) with original smbclient.

Please try to use smbclient including Samba Japanese Edition available
from ftp://ftp.samba.gr.jp/pub/samba-jp/samba-2.0.10-ja/ .
I successed to connect to Japanese shared name on Windows 2000 Server
from smbclient including Samba 2.0.10 Japanese Edition Release 1.2,
the latest version.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/