How to configure

bhhyh bhhyh at public.yc.js.cn
Tue Dec 11 19:56:02 GMT 2001

Hi,good morning every one.
I configured a samba server on linux system,when I test the samba server by 'smbclient -U% -L localhost',the wrong message is :tree connect failded:ERRSRV-ERRbadpw(bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid).
On the other hand,when I visit the samba server by Win2000 professional client,I can see the icon of the machine which have installed samba server.but when I double clicked the icon , the wrong message is ;can not find the network path.I configured the [public] in /etc/samba/smb.conf.below is my configuration file,please tell me what's wrong with it and how to add a new user to smb database?
#SMB.CONF
[global]
   netbios name = linux samba test
   workgroup = workgroup
   hosts allow = 192.168.1. 192.168.2. 127.
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   printing = lprng
  guest account = guest
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 0
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
  username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24 192.168.1.1/24
   os level = 33
   dns proxy = no
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories for %S