Send SIGHUP

Hactar eben at gate.net
Tue Dec 11 11:02:11 GMT 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Joel Hammer wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:02:06PM +0100, Alaa Alamood wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to send SIGHUP to the parant process to let samba reread
> > the smb.conf file, or is any way to let samba reread this file without
> > restarting samba

> I think killall is not what you want in this situation.

"killall" is different in Linux and everywhere else.

In Linux:

NAME
       killall - kill processes by name

SYNOPSIS
       killall [-egiqvw] [-signal] name ...

--
-eben          eQbWeEnR at gTaYtUeI.nOePt          home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person... but you