Question: Ldap Future

fischerdr at mindspring.com fischerdr at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 11 09:41:39 GMT 2001

Currently in the Samba_2_2_2 tree we are able to use ldapsam for auth but in the current tree and Samba_3_0  the "--with-ldapsam" no longer works.  I take it that with the new backend rewrite is the reason that this  is broken but my question is since some people are really pushing for ADS support is LDAPSAM no longer going to be a option??  if this is so what would the migration path for non 2K machines??? I currently don't hold the right skills to help bring forward the code to 3.0 but am willing to help any way i can.

P.S I would like to say a BIG thanks to all the Samba teams that put so much hard work into help us tech people intergrate our enviroments

Thanks again,
David R. Fischer
Sprint E|Solutions