Mail Files on smbfs

Louis Lam lsauchun at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:00:18 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

I tried to set-up balsa email program(ver 1.2.0) in such a way that the
files(draftbox, sentbox, inbox, outbox and trash) resides on a smbfs
mount-point. This mountpoint is mounted with the correct uid,gid and the
permissions are set correctly.

Usually I'm able to send mails, but occasionally I tried to click on all the
five folders upon launching the program and then try to compose a mail and
send it. When sending the msg, there was an error msg stating "permission
denied, errno=13", possibly while trying to write the file to one of the
"sentbox" and/or the "outbox".

Clicking on the 5 folders will cause balsa to "open" the files. Usually what
I've described above happens when I've "opened" the folders before.

Has someone from this list tried the above configuration? If it is
successful for you I'd like to know how you got it to work.

Thank You in Advance
Louis Lam