multiple smb daemons

novitiate novitiate at perlmonk.org
Mon Dec 10 18:27:02 GMT 2001

Is it possible to bind multiple smb daemons to different NICs on the same machine ?  Here is my dilemma:

I had about three print servers with different names on NT.
There were on average, 120 print share on each. I would like to try to merge all of those printer share into 1 single machine.  Aliases on NT do not seem to work fo r printer shares (file shares work fine).  My idea was to replace all these print servers with samba server running multiple instances of samba, each attached to a different interface using a different netbios name...anyone done this yet ?  is this possible ?

thanks,

sean