Reaching different subnets

Johan Svensson johey at snuttis.com
Mon Dec 10 16:27:20 GMT 2001

Hi!

I have a problem with samba, that I don't know if it's possible to solve. This is my network:

<Subnet1>-Ethernet-<Gateway>-Ethernet-<Subnet2>-Internet

Subnet1 is my own local network (bcast 192.168.1.255), Gateway is my own gateway machine (FreeBSD4.4, IPs: 192.168.1.1 and 193.13.35.101), Subnet2 is my neighbours (bcast 193.13.255.255).

I can configure all machines at Subnet1 and the Gateway, but not Subnet2. Subnet2 does not use any wins configuration. What I want is to be able to reach all computers at Subnet2 with the computers I have in Subnet1, via my Gateway. At the moment I have configured the Gateway as a Wins server, and the machines in Subnet1 to use the Gateway as Wins server. Now I can see all workgroups in Subnet2 from Subnet1, but not a single computer. I have no access to browse any workgroup.

What I first want to know is if this is possible at all? If it is, I want to know how to do it :)..

Kindest Regards Johan Svensson

Skaffa dig en egen @snuttis.com adress NU!
http://www.snuttis.com

Vill du hyra reklam-plats här? Kontakta: sponsor at snuttis.com