Validchars / spanish not working

Ariel Mella samba at nebula-sa.com.ar
Mon Dec 10 12:10:24 GMT 2001

Gonzalo:
> correctly (with accented characters), when I double click from windows
> on any of them, I keep getting the message that the file or folder does
> not exist...
i have the same issue here.
if i use samba 2.2.2 without vfs the problem dissapear even if i dont put in
smb.conf valid chars or client code page.
if you try with samba 3 alpha the problem dissapear too and the vfs is
usable now.. but the problem is that a lot of funciont are not working from
a win9x licents to a samba3 server..
try using samba 2.2.2 without vfs at the compile time.