Validchars / spanish not working

pimpo at mac.com pimpo at mac.com
Mon Dec 10 11:12:28 GMT 2001

Hi everybody, I need your help, I installed samba on a small network in
Mexico, there are many many file names in spanish so I put these lines
to my smb.conf

client code page = 437
valid chars = E1 E9 ED F3 FA

I looked for the hex values of the accented lower case vocals, thats
where E1, E9, etc came from

Something weird happens, even when the Folder/file names are listed
correctly (with accented characters), when I double click from windows
on any of them, I keep getting the message that the file or folder does
not exist...

Any ideas? please help, I've been trying to solve this problem and cant
find any solution

Thank you.

Gonzalo