Mounting Problems with Samba on Debian

michi at relay3.jackal-net.at michi at relay3.jackal-net.at
Sun Dec 9 23:06:03 GMT 2001

Hi to all

maybe someone could give me a hint about this error.

i tryed to add a W2k share on my debian dist (potato 2.2)
using
mkdir /mnt/share
mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,password=xxxx,uid=xxx,gid=xxx,rw //server/share /mnt/share

works fine using
mount
shows up with then entry
//server/share on /mnt/share

but trying to access just give´s me an emtpy directory nothing else.
the share´s work perfect with Domain Authentication on 3 Red Hat Systems.

accessing the debain created shares with Samba-3.alpha works correctly too.

my opinon is that the kernel maybe wasn´t compiled for smbfs FS ?
our had anyone else such problems before ?

thanx for any help

Kind regards

Mike