Server recursion?

Òscar Pérez del Campo os_carp at terra.es
Sun Dec 9 22:41:13 GMT 2001

Hi,
I'm using samba version 2.2.1a for linux (Red Hat Linux 7.2) and I've got a
problem. When I start the samba server and client (smbd and nmbd), it works
fine: I can mount windows volumes. But after a while, the system gives me an
error saying there're too much open files and I can't do anything else. If I
write "ps" when I get this error, there're hundrets (or thousands) of "smbd
-D" processes.
Does anybody know what's happening? Maybe it's a "smbd.conf" error? Should I
change my samba version?

Thank you for your help,
Òscar