Does Samba Support Symbolic Link?

Wei-Gung Sun Wei-Gung.Sun at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Dec 9 18:29:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

     My Samba (Ver. 2.0.7) server (Solaris 7, 64-bit mode) with AFS option
has been running for almost a year.  I used Mac OS X version 10.1 SMB
client to communicate with my Samba server and mounted an AFS volume that
was shared on my Samba server on my desktop.  I issued an UNIX symbolic
link command from Mac (i.e. % ln -s source target) to link file through
this Samba shared volume on my desktop, I got message, said "Operation not
support ...".

     Do I need to setup some global parameter(s) to make it work? or Samba
does not support UNIX symbolic link command at all? Anyone has same or
similar situation?  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Will Sun
wsun at jpl.nasa.gov
(818) 354-2311