almost printing

Gary Ferrer gary at ferrer.yi.org
Sun Dec 9 12:31:04 GMT 2001

You're right, I don't think the switch over did it.  I'm not sure where I
screwed things up.  Now in 2.0.7, I created the printer definition file and
copied the relevant printer driver files onto the Samba server.  My
understanding is that I don't do this anymore with 2.x.  So I removed all
those files/directories, re-created a printer (lpadmin -p ...) then went
into swat to make that printer a share.  On the Win98 client, I added the
printer, whose printer drivers came from the Win98 CDROM.  Everything went
smoothly so far.
Are you saying I need to install printer drivers (as per the old 2.0.x
PRINTER_DRIVER.txt file) on the Samba server?  When you suggest dumping a
print file to a printer do you mean just dragging the file onto the printer
icon?

Thank so far.
Gary.