Configuring Linux printer to be usable by Win98 boxes

Mike Watson mikew at crucis.net
Sat Dec 8 09:54:02 GMT 2001

I'm a newbie at using Samba.  I've been working to allow my Win98 users access to
file space on the Linux box.  I'm now trying to them access to the Linux
printer.  The printer works fine within Linux, but when I try to print to it from
the Win98 side, I get an error saying unknown device.  I've configured the
printer as a network printer, it is seen by Network Neighborhood, but I can't
print to it.

Anyone have any ideas where to start looking?  I've configured the printer within
Samba and setup the share for it.  What else is necessary?

Mike W