incorrect rpcclient usage

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Dec 7 12:50:02 GMT 2001

"THIBADEAU,DAN (HP-Roseville,ex1)" wrote:

> The usage for the "rpcclient" command shows:
>
>         Usage: rpcclient server [options]
>
> However, (on HPUX 11 anyway) it only works as:
>
>         Usage: rpcclient [options] server
>
> Looking in the source, it is because the "getopts" is ran first before the
> server name is extracted from the command line arguments.  I don't know if
> "getopts" ignors non-args on other platforms, but on HPUX it will stop
> processing at the first argument that doesn't start with a "-".

I think you are hitting getopts variation between platforms.

Feel free to contribute a patch to convert it to popt.  (You will need
to attract the attention of one of the other team-members, probably best
by sending it to samba-patches at samba.org, see samba.org/samba-patches
for details).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au