WEB Front End for Clients???

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Dec 6 23:14:01 GMT 2001

Wayne Dozier wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a web front end for clients.  By
> this I mean, is there something I can install on my apache
> server( wich is running on the same server ) that will alow
> my users to go to a page, login, and it drop them into there
> home directory.  I have researched WEBDAV but I don't think
> it has the functionality that I need.  Any help is greatly
> appreciated

I have a script, but it is a truly mind-boggilingly ugly hack...

Its based on Smb2WWW, which just interfaces with the smbclient program.

What we really need however is for sombody to take the
FileSys::SmbClient perl module and conduct a similar program on this
basis.  This would remove many of the security problems with the current
arrangment, and would also be a *much* more reliable arrangement.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net